|Basic Karaoke Etiquette
Consider the following to make the karaoke experience better for everyone:
- Know your song.
- Try to avoid overlong songs (5+ minutes).
- Only put one song request in at a time.
- Don’t join in on someone else’s song unless invited.
- Show your love for other singers!
Bring your karaoke game to the next level with the following tips:
- Sell your performance with stage presence, audience interaction, and more.
- Try to choose songs that are a bit more obscure but still recognizable.
- Try to pull from a variety of artists/genres to keep things interesting.
- Prop karaoke? Sometimes the mic stand or a barstool can add a little “oomph” to your performance.
- Remember, it’s only karaoke… if you’re having fun, the audience will follow.
Want to be heard and sound good? Make sure you’re working the microphone correctly:
- Hold the microphone by the handle and don’t block the windscreen.
- Sing directly into the microphone (not at an angle).
- Keep the microphone close to your mouth.
- Don’t yell into the microphone; but if you must get loud, pull the microphone away from your mouth.
- Listen for your voice in the speakers.